Prometheus Bleed Control Kit
Cost inc. VAT
Conforms to Critical Injury Pack requirements of British Standard BS8599:1:2019
Following a comprehensive review of the original British Standard BS8599-1 the Critical Injury Pack has been added as a supplementary kit to the revised BS8599:1:2019 standard. Response times and speed of treatment to control blood loss are critical to increase the chances of saving lives due to blood loss. A kit conforming to the new Critical Injury Pack of the standard is designed to help control and stop severe bleeding.
Containing the very best in proven, effective equipment, essential for medical or trauma management, the Prometheus Bleed Control Kit provides the lay person, bystander or trained medic with the means to immediately control life-threatening external haemorrhage.
The pack is lightweight, allowing it to be attached to personnel, hung up or kept within vehicles. The kit is in a high visibility red pack, allowing for rapid identification. It includes basic instructions for the lay person to have a straightforward understanding of the equipment included and where/how to apply.
The Prometheus Bleed Control Kit was first developed in partnership between the Daniel Baird Foundation, West Midlands Ambulance Service and Birmingham Community Safety Partnership to provide a comprehensive bleed control solution.
For every pack sold a donation of £5 will be given to the Daniel Baird Foundation.
- Prometheus Trauma Dressing - Designed to control moderate bleeding
- ChitoGauze® XR Pro - A haemostatic gauze dressing that is very effective, designed to control moderate to very severe haemorrhage
- Russell Chest Seal® - An innovative dressing for emergency management of penetrating chest wounds
- SOF® Tactical Tourniquet Wide - The latest evolution of the SOFTT-W tourniquet
- Nitrile Gloves - Personal protection
- Effective products
- Internal zipped pouches for easy organisation of the equipment
- Hi-Visibility red fabric for rapid identification
- Grab handle