Prometheus selfSAVE Kit
Conforms to Critical Injury Pack requirements of British Standard BS8599:1:2019
The Prometheus selfSAVE kit provides the remote worker with immediate medical kit when in an emergency or minor incident. The pack includes the very best in proven, effective equipment, essential for basic first aid or a critical injury.
The pack is lightweight and magnetised, allowing it to be attached to machinery, it can also be discreetly fitted to a belt using its simple buckle design. The pack, in high visibility red for rapid identification, can be opened in seconds using the pull tab and grab handle.
- Prometheus Trauma Dressing - Designed to control moderate bleeding
- ChitoGauze® XR Pro - A haemostatic gauze dressing with powerful effect, designed to control moderate to very severe haemorrhage
- Water-Jel Burns Dressing - Stops burn progression and cools the skin, relieves pain and protects against airborne contamination.
- Russell Chest Seal® - An innovative dressing for emergency management of penetrating chest wounds
- SOF® Tactical Tourniquet Wide - The latest evolution of tactical tourniquet, shown to be 100% effective by a US Army Institute of Surgical Research evaluation
- Nitrile Gloves - Personal protection
- Plasters - Basic first aid
- Eye Wash - Saline solution specifically balanced to ensure no irritation when absorbed into the body
- Snap light - Vision or to mark a causality’s location
- Face shield - Mouth to mouth resuscitation
- Whistle - Attract attention
- Marker Pen
- Rapid access system; pack can be opened in seconds via pull tab, grab handle & heavy-duty No. 10 coil zips
- Neodymium magnets in reverse to secure pack
- Internal PVC zipped pouch for day to day first aid kit
- Major haemorrhage kit secured in main pouch section with tough 25mm elastic
- Hi-Visibility red fabric for rapid identification
- 19mm grab handle
- D-Ring attachment point
- 25mm adjustable clip on reverse to secure pouch to belts, Molle loops or retention points
- All key points of wear reinforced
- Eyelet for drainage in base
- Following a comprehensive review of the original British Standard BS8599-1 the Critical Injury Pack has been added as a supplementary kit to the revised BS8599:1:2019 standard.
- Response times and speed of treatment to control blood loss are critical to increase the chances of saving lives as a result of blood loss.
- A kit conforming to the new Critical Injury Pack of the standard is designed to help control and stop severe bleeding.
- Empty: PR0260
- Complete: PR0260com