The Blast® Bandage provides the ability to quickly package traumatic amputations, burns and large pattern wounds with minimal effort. The Blast® Bandage provides a 50cm x 50cm treatment area, but packs to about the size of a 10cm bandage.
The large non-adherent wound pad can be easily wrapped around limbs and secured with the attached elastic wrap. It provides a large sterile protective covering for shrapnel wounds or burns. The BLAST® Bandage also offers a removable occlusive layer that will cover a 48cm x 48cm area or can be used to cover abdominal contents minimizing the loss of heat and moisture.
Velcro® ‘Control’ strips prevent the elastic roll from accidentally unravelling and secure the bandage throughout the application process. By providing multiple points of adhesion, the brakes prevent slippage of the elastic during the wrapping process. This creates a more secure, effective bandage and decreases the chance of the wound being exposed during movement.
- Large non-adherent wound pad and integral elastic bandage
- Quick and simple
- Large, removable occlusive dressing
- Multipurpose e.g. to cover eviscerated bowel; as a robust burns dressing; as an occlusive dressing for multi-penetrating chest wounds
- Velcro® ‘Control’ strips to help prevent accidental unrolling of the elastic wrap during application, especially helpful during the dressing of amputations
- DimensionsUnpacked: 50.00cm x 50.00cm
- Pack Dimensions10.00cm x 10.00cm