Pre-Hospital Emergency Ultrasound Course
The Prometheus Pre-hospital Emergency Ultrasound Course has been designed, and is taught, by medical professionals who have significant experience in emergency ultrasound use in challenging hospital and pre-hospital environments – ranging from air ambulance operations to military medicine and expeditionary medical support overseas.
- 21st August 2019 - 22nd August 2019
- 12th November 2019 - 13th November 2019
Cost inc. VAT
Enrol on this course
Please select a course date
This course is aimed at the pre-hospital emergency medical professional and provides theoretical and practical training in pre-hospital ultrasound scanning, highlighting its advantages and limitations.
The course uses simulation training and clinical scenarios to provide realistic, hands-on training using the latest ultrasound equipment.
Registered Doctors, Paramedics and Nurses with an interest in the role of emergency pre-hospital ultrasound.
Course content includes:
- Airway assessment and management
- Lung assessment
- Bleeding and circulatory assessment - FAST/Aorta/IVC
- Scanning in cardiac arrest
- Scanning in austere environments: practical considerations
- Integration into critically ill/injured patient management
- Scanning scenarios including: trauma, trauma entrapment, procedures, shock scan, cardiac arrest, confined space scanning and medical illness
As with all Prometheus courses, the emphasis is on short lectures, high instructor-to-student ratios, supervised practical skill sessions and scenario-based moulages in realistic settings.
Fulfils the criteria for Level 1 Course by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine
CPD applied for
At Prometheus residential training facility in Hope-under-Dinmore, Herefordshire. Bespoke courses also available at a requested venue convenient to you.