First Aid at Work Level 3 RQF
Prometheus is a Qualsafe Awards registered provider of the Level 3 First Aid at Work (RQF) course.
What is the Level 3 First Aid at Work course?
The qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- A distinguished panel of experts in emergency medical care
Why qualify at Level 3 First Aid at Work?
- For people who deal with first aid at work enabling them to be workplace first aiders under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- Based on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work (FAW) courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
We only cater for group bookings either at our Training Facility or clients’ premises however, we offer FREC 3 which qualifies your staff to “First Responder” level and recommend companies and organisations consider this qualification as part of their Medical Risk Management protocols.
How will I learn?
We put great emphasis on the “hands-on” aspects of course training, creating true-to-life medical simulations, helping you learn through immersive practical sessions.
Experience as close to genuine patient trauma care as possible – using SIMBODIES™, our ultra-realistic manikins, crafted with outstanding attention to detail, ensuring that every human feature necessary is replicated in your training.
Train with award-winning medical equipment, as used by Ambulance Services and Armed Forces globally.
Why train with us?
All Prometheus Medical instructors are active, clinically current practitioners, meaning candidates will benefit from the most up-to-date medical knowledge.
First Aid at Work enables people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to help people in various first aid situations and complies with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work (FAW) courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
First Aid at Work Skills Framework and Progression
The Prometheus Qualsafe Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
Companies and organisations obtain compliance by training staff to First Aid at Work level of skills, however, for sectors that have inherent risks associated the occupational health and safety department may well decide to train staff to “First Responder” level, as this adds an extra level of protection in event of a trauma medical situation. FREC 3 is the entry-level stage of the First Responder Emergency Care (FREC) pathway, enabling a “first responder” to administer pre-hospital emergency care.
Course Overview & Learning Outcomes
Duration: 3 Days
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by preparing them to deal with a range of first aid situations and/or take on the role of first aider in the workplace
- Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Identify how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others
- Identify the need for consent to provide first aid
- Conduct a scene survey
- Conduct a primary survey of a casualty
- Summon appropriate assistance
- Identify when to administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- The recovery position
- First aid to casualties experiencing seizures
- Bleeding management
- Recognise and treat shock
- Recognise and treat a variety of wounds
- First aid to a casualty with minor burns and scalds
- Taking a History
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Head Injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Causes of unconciousness
Course Details Brochure
Download our course details PDF below:
Please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you
Designed to provide the emergency responder with an enhanced level of capabilities to deal with a trauma situation.
FREC 3 Requalification requires previous attendance on a FREC 3 within the last three years.
Level 2 Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF)
Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace Level 2.
Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF)
Provides the skills to recognise and actively promote positive mental health in the workplace.
To discuss your requirements please complete this form: