VIPER™ FREC Level 3
The VIPER™ Course - FREC Level 3 provides the emergency responder with an enhanced level of medical capability to deal with a casualty in a trauma or a medical emergency. The course focuses on the provision of effective trauma management in all environments particularly in a hostile or tactical environment. Training is ideal for those working in VIP protection, close protection, private security and specialist agencies (e.g. Diplomatic Protection), and provides the Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care for the Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence.
- 14th October 2019 - 18th October 2019
- 24th February 2020 - 28th February 2020
- 29th June 2020 - 3rd July 2020
- 10th August 2020 - 14th August 2020
- 12th October 2020 - 16th October 2020
Cost inc. VAT
Enrol on this course
Please select a course date
The VIPER™ Course - FREC Level 3 aims to equip students with the essential medical skills so that they are capable of delivering lifesaving immediate medical care in a hostile environment.
No prior qualifications required (basic medical training would be an advantage).
As with all Prometheus courses, the emphasis is on short lectures, high instructor to student ratios, supervised practical skill sessions, and scenario-based moulages. This course covers all of the competencies required for certification as well as training in tactical medical support, ballistic & blast injury and a systematic approach to the management of trauma. The training includes important subject areas such as multiple casualty management & triage, road traffic collision management and medical planning. The syllabus includes:
- Tactical medical support
- Trauma management
- Novel haemostatic agent workshop
- Adult Basic Life Support & AED
- Environmental emergencies
- Minor illness & injury
- Medical emergencies
- Ballistic and Blast Injuries
- Introduction to multiple casualty management and triage
- Road traffic collision management
- Basic medical planning
- Casualty evacuation
- Extensive scenario-based practical skills training
At Prometheus residential training facility in Hope-under-Dinmore, Herefordshire. Bespoke courses also available at a requested venue convenient to you. Lunch is included for each day of the course.