Prometheus Medescan Non-Contact Thermometer
The Prometheus Medescan Thermometer has been developed using the latest infrared technology. This technology allows the user to take a patient's temperature via the temporal artery (TA), at a distance of about 5cm from the forehead.
Precise, instantaneous and without physical contact, the Prometheus Medescan Thermometer limits the spread of germs, and is the most suitable system for no risk temperature measurement. Additionally, it has been demonstrated that this method of TS temperature measurement is more precise than tympanic thermometry (ear thermometer), and better tolerated than rectal thermometry (1).
(1) Greenes D, Fleisher G, Accuracy of non-invasive temporal artery thermometer for use in infants, Arch Paediatric Adolescent Medicine 2001; 155:376
- The Prometheus Medescan Thermometer is specifically designed to take the body temperature of humans regardless of room temperature
- The unit can scan temperatures reliably in less than 1 second due to the unique infrared detection system
- The unit memory can hold the last 32 temperature readings
- The unit's backlit LCD digital screen makes the results easy to read
- The LCD display will change colour to RED as well as an audible alarm will sound when normal temperature is exceeded
- Temperature can be displayed in either Celsius or Fahrenheit
- The unit is small, convenient and easy to use
- The device measures body, ambient room and surface temperature at the touch of a button
- The device is supplied with a carry pouch
- The device runs on standard AA batteries, also supplied
- Dimensions15.50cm x 9.00cm x 4.00cm
- Weight100g (without batteries)