The Russell PneumoFix®-8 is a sterile chest decompression device designed for the management of tension pneumothorax, simple pneumothorax and pleural effusion by appropriately trained medical professionals.
With no fuss and no over-engineering, the Russell PneumoFix®-8 provides a cost-effective, simple and intuitive solution to allow this life-threatening condition to be dealt with quickly and effectively for the benefit of the patient.
- Veress tip and indicator device to assist safe insertion with minimal risk of injuring underlying lung tissue
- Low pressure one-way release valve, permits the release of tension pneumothorax with minimal potential of subsequent air re-entry
- Catheter designed to have minimal risk of kinking
- 14-gauge catheter allows for rapid venting of air in tension pneumothorax
- Depth markings printed on surface and radio-opaque allows for depth recording and to be seen on X-ray imaging
- Catheter tip holes to maximise drainage ability and minimise top occlusion
- Hub to needle connection that allows user own preference for gripping the device during use
- 8cm long catheter
- Pack Dimensions22.50cm x 4.60cm