FREC Level 4
The FREC Level 4 Course benefits learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of prehospital emergency and urgent situations. This course is designed as the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF).
- 10th December 2018 - 14th December 2018
- 25th March 2019 - 29th March 2019
- 3rd June 2019 - 7th June 2019
Cost inc. VAT
Enrol on this course
Please select a course date
The aim of the FREC Level 4 Course is to equip learners with the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of prehospital emergency and urgent situations.
Learners must hold an in date QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care.
- Initial patient assessment
- Physiological observations
- Anatomy and physiology
- Heart disease
- Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
- Managing a patient’s airway – supraglottic
- Medical gases – including dosages and
- Thoracic trauma
- Maternity care
- Respiratory disorders and infections
- Mechanisms of injury and kinetics
- Full body and limb immobilisation
- Sexual assault
- Major incidents
- Psychosocial development in children
- Emergency care for sick and injured children
- Mental health crisis
- Assisting the clinician with clinical interventions
QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF)
At Prometheus residential training facility in Hope-under-Dinmore, Herefordshire. Bespoke courses also available at a requested venue convenient to you. Lunch is included for each day of the course.