Prometheus has sole ownership of a discreet residential training complex based around a former Victorian rectory in Herefordshire and set in over eleven acres of mixed terrain countryside.
Staying with us
The comfortable bedrooms are all ensuite and have TV and broadband facilities. There is also an on-site gym which includes an extensive weights collection, a state of the art treadmill, cross trainer and rowing machine.
B&B accommodation is available free of charge on a first come-first served basis for students attending training at Prometheus' Hope-under-Dinmore training facility. Please phone the office on +44 (0) 1568 613942 to book a room; alternatively you can contact us by clicking here.
The Old Rectory was designed by John Gray, Hereford County Surveyor, in 1859. It is built from local stone, is symmetrical and in Jacobean style with shaped gables. The Rev. Graine, Vicar of Hope under Dinmore, moved into the property in March 1862.The Vicarage or Parsonage, as it was originally known, was commissioned and paid for by Sir John Arkwright of Hampton Court who also built the Church. The estate of Hampton Court was granted by Henry IV to Sir Richard Lenthall who built the original Manor House in 1427. Hampton Court was purchased by Richard Arkwright, the son of the famous inventor, in the early 19th century. It was Richard’s son, John, who actually lived at the Court.Originally the Parsonage had 11 ¾ acres of glebe (land attached to a benefice or parsonage) and the Rev.
William Graine lived there with his wife, son and 2 servants.The estimate of cost to build the Rectory was £1,225. The cost to build the outbuildings was £280. The cost to build shutters was £1, 12 shillings and 10 pence. The Rectory wasn’t decorated until July 1863 at a cost of £44, 10 shillings and 6 pence. The total cost was therefore approximately £1,551.£1 in 1860 would be equivalent to approximately £87 today.
This would give a comparative cost to build the Rectory today of £134, 930. Prometheus Medical Limited purchased The Old Rectory in March 2008 and converted the house as you see today.