Working with Prometheus - Careers
Training Assistant sought for training department of expanding medical equipment and training company. Will be responsible for all aspects of course administration. Should be confident, self-motivated and proactive, with ability to work to deadlines. Excellent communication and organisational skills essential. Minimum 2 A Levels or equivalent required.
This is a full-time position. Salary is negotiable depending upon experience, plus pension, annual bonus and benefits.
For job description or to send a letter of application and current CV, contact Jamie Morris on 01568 613942 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Key duties/responsibilities to include:
- Assisting with course bookings and training enquiries.
- Ensuring all training rooms / venues, equipment, catering arrangements, and other requirements are booked (or cancelled) in advance.
- Sending out appropriate pre-course information to students and/or managers in advance of training courses.
- Maintenance of instructor register.
- Maintenance and ordering of training materials.
- Printing of training support materials / hand-outs for training courses, and assisting with the creation or formatting of these where relevant.
- Assisting in training course set up / clear up before and/or after a training event.
- Compile course evaluation (feedback) questionnaires following training courses and communicate feedback to the training manager.
- Preparation and dissemination of instructor consultancy agreements.
- Keeping training records and files up to date, filing records.
- Preparation of standard and custom training reports as required.
- Obtaining student training records / certificates of previous training or qualifications as required before courses.
- Post-course administration including entry of examination results and requesting certificates from relevant approving bodies.
- Arranging training provision as required by the business during annual leave / other absence of the training manager.
- Presenting health and safety brief at the beginning of on-site courses in absence of training manager.
- Preparation of student/client invoices.
- Taking card payment by telephone.
- Any other training administrative tasks required in support for the training manager and instructors.
- Minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint applications necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on ongoing basisAbility to work with all levels of employees and in team environment.
We are currently expanding our faculty and looking for experienced, high quality instructors. We would be interested in hearing from First Aid Instructors, Technicians and Paramedics. Training is on an ad hoc basis to fit around your existing work commitments.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who have teaching and/or assessing qualifications. Below are a number of qualifications that are desirable but this list is not exhaustive:
- Cert Ed/PGCE/B Ed/M Ed
- Further an Adult Education Teachers Certificate
- IHCD Instructional Methods
- IHCD Instructor Certificate
- S/NVQ Level 3 or 4 in Training and Development
- Teaching Qualification for Further Education
- English National Board 998
- Nursing Mentorship Qualifications
- NOCN Tutor Assessor Award
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF)
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF)
- Accredited Qualifications based on the Learning and Development NOS 7 Facilitate Individual Learning and Development
- Training Group A22, B22, C21, C23, C24
- SQA Accredited Planning and Delivering Learning Sessions to Groups
- A1 (D32/33) – Assess candidates using a range of methods
- A2 (D32) – Assess candidates’ performance through observation
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)
If this position sounds of interest please send your CV to Jamie Morris, our Training Manager, at email@example.com or contact us on 01568 613942.
Deployed Medical Work
Prometheus provides trained and accredited medical personnel to cover overseas activities and operations. Our deployed medics are supplied with a comprehensive medical kit and work within a strictly applied and audited Clinical Governance structure, with Reach-back support to a clinician in the UK as required.
We are always looking for high calibre personnel for work as deployed medics on short term or long term projects, and would be interested in hearing from individuals who are currently registered as a paramedics, nurses or doctors with a minimum of 3 years’ experience post qualification.
If you would be interested in working with us, please send your CV in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prometheus Medical, an award-winning provider of pre-hospital emergency medical equipment and training, is actively recruiting high-quality medical instructors for an exciting overseas training contract in the UAE. We are particularly interested in hearing from ex-military Combat Medical Technicians and Paramedics with instructional experience; particularly those who have taught any life support courses.
This is a perfect opportunity for qualified medical instructors to expand their resumes by gaining experience in the international arena. As this is an overseas position, self-catering accommodation will be provided, including the use of a local gym and swimming pool.
This will be a 12-month contract on a fixed-rotation basis. Working hours will be 7am - 3pm; however, this is flexible dependent on course and training requirements. Rates of pay are based upon experience, and include days of travel.
To send a letter of application and current CV, please contact Sara Kennedy on email@example.com.