Working with Prometheus - Careers
Prometheus Medical, an award-winning provider of pre-hospital emergency medical equipment and training, is actively recruiting high-quality medical instructors for an exciting overseas training contract in the UAE. We are particularly interested in hearing from ex-military Combat Medical Technicians and Paramedics with instructional experience; particularly those who have taught any life support courses.
This is a perfect opportunity for qualified medical instructors to expand their resumes by gaining experience in the international arena. As this is an overseas position, self-catering accommodation will be provided.
This will be a 12-month contract on a fixed-rotation basis. Rates of pay are based upon experience.
Please send expression of interest & current CV to Rob Cameron firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently expanding our faculty and looking for experienced, high quality instructors. We would be interested in hearing from First Aid Instructors, Medics (CMT etc.), Technicians and Paramedics. Training is on an ad hoc basis to fit around your existing work commitments.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who have teaching and/or assessing qualifications. Below are a number of qualifications that are desirable but this list is not exhaustive:
- Cert Ed/PGCE/B Ed/M Ed
- Further an Adult Education Teachers Certificate
- IHCD Instructional Methods
- IHCD Instructor Certificate
- S/NVQ Level 3 or 4 in Training and Development
- Teaching Qualification for Further Education
- English National Board 998
- Nursing Mentorship Qualifications
- NOCN Tutor Assessor Award
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF)
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF)
- Accredited Qualifications based on the Learning and Development NOS 7 Facilitate Individual Learning and Development
- Training Group A22, B22, C21, C23, C24
- SQA Accredited Planning and Delivering Learning Sessions to Groups
- A1 (D32/33) – Assess candidates using a range of methods
- A2 (D32) – Assess candidates’ performance through observation
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)
If this position sounds of interest please send your CV to Jamie Morris, our Training Manager, at email@example.com or contact us on 01568 613942.
Deployed Medical Work
Prometheus provides trained and accredited medical personnel to cover overseas activities and operations. Our deployed medics are supplied with a comprehensive medical kit and work within a strictly applied and audited Clinical Governance structure, with Reach-back support to a clinician in the UK as required.
We are always looking for high calibre personnel for work as deployed medics on short term or long term projects, and would be interested in hearing from individuals who are currently registered as a paramedics, nurses or doctors with a minimum of 3 years’ experience post qualification.
If you would be interested in working with us, please send your CV in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Medic Required
Driven to Extremes is an organisation that supports military veterans suffering from PTSD. This March (21st March 8th April) they have tasked a team of veterans to drive the original Dakar Rally route of the 90’s in £500 budget cars! The ultimate aim of Driven to Extremes is to not only to help veterans with their recovery, but provide a source of employment for them in an adventurous team-based environment, be that full, part time or freelance.
They are seeking a volunteer medic to join the team on this adventure!
Driven to Extremes will be providing fully equipped expedition 4x4 vehicles, Leader, Guide, Mechanic and expedition equipment (tents, sleeping mats etc). You must be 25 years of age or older for insurance purposes, have a clean driving licence and hold a valid passport.