We deliver unrivalled bespoke emergency medical support in the form of specialist medical equipment, medical training, strategic advice and deployed clinical care.
Prometheus was established by Dr Malcolm Russell, an experienced specialist in pre-hospital care, emergency medicine and clinical support to civilian and military operations. Working hands on 'in the field' both in the UK and overseas, Dr Russell knows the importance of preparation and planning in ensuring the effective and rapid delivery of medical services in crisis situations.
The Prometheus team comprises of internationally respected clinical experts with wide experience in delivering care in major incidents and complex emergencies across the spectrum of civilian urban, combat, remote and wilderness expedition environments.
We have specific expertise in designing and delivering bespoke medical support packages for the following sectors:
- Security Industry (public and private sectors)
- Emergency Services - Police, Ambulance / Medical, and Fire & Rescue services
- Maritime Industry - Management companies, crews and enthusiasts
- Private and commercial customers
- Adventure - Civil expeditions, world travel and extreme outdoor activities
Whatever sector you belong to or service you are looking for, Prometheus gives you access to a network of internationally respected medical consultants, who provide cutting-edge advice modelled to your exact needs.
Please contact us for further information.
Prometheus in the Community
Our community isn’t restricted to UK shores. We also operate nationally on an international platform providing medical solutions, training and equipment to operations and expeditions worldwide, particularly in the deployment of teams of experienced medical professionals to remote, hostile and isolated areas.
Dr Russell and Prof. Deakin are members of the charity, the British Association for Immediate Care. Between them they voluntarily attend around 300 emergency incidents per year.
Dr Malcolm Russell is an active member of the charity, the Mercia Accident Rescue Service (MARS), providing voluntary assistance to emergencies in the Hereford and Worcester areas as part of BASICS.
Prof. Charles Deakin is Chairperson of the charity, Hampshire BASICS and helped to set up the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Charity.
Prof. Deakin has also served with the Royal National Lifeboat Institute and currently sits on its Medical & Survival Committee.
Prometheus in the Environment
Having delivered medical support services in some of the worlds most remote and isolated environments, we have experienced first hand the vulnerability and fragility of our natural environment.
Health in the hostile environment is our core business. We feel the same way about our climate - without careful management, the very planet we live on will become increasingly hazardous to us all.
As a company, we are thus committed to:
- Trying not to use energy, whether this means not switching on a light, or avoiding flights abroad wherever possible
- Using the lowest energy options - whether this means low energy light bulbs or, where practical, using a coach or train rather than a car, cycling to work, or vehicle sharing
- Switching to a green energy provider
- Buying locally where we can
- Trying to select supply chains and partners with the same ethos of corporate social responsibility
- Supporting others in reducing their use of fossil fuels and their production of greenhouse gases
Minimising waste and recycling as much of it as we can.